About the Program
This innovative program allows students to do the majority of their coursework as well as their clinical preceptorships (practicum) in their local communities. Theory is instructor-led in a guided online learning platform. Online learning combined with local clinical preceptorships allow you to pursue your education in your home community. The program also includes five and a half weeks of in-person labs, located across Canada in Surrey, Calgary, Winnipeg, and Halifax.
Our Cardiology Technologist program is recognized by the Canadian Society of Cardiology Technologists (CSCT). It prepares graduates to write the CSCT National Exam and enjoy a long, successful, and meaningful career providing essential patient care.
Please note, Stenberg College offers a variety of upgrading courses and challenge exams to help students meet these admission pre-requisites. Please contact a Program Advisor to discuss your academic options.
- Grade 12 Biology (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 12 English (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 11 Math (Principles or Foundations) or Applications of Math 12 (minimum grade C+)*
- Grade 11 Science – Chemistry or Physics (minimum grade C+)*
OR Stenberg College Challenge Exam or Chemistry 11 course with 70% or higher
- Passing verbal test of English if English is an additional language or equivalent*
- Completion of a Criminal Record Consent Form under the Criminal Record Review Act
* Admission Access: Licensed / Registered Healthcare Professionals (who have completed Grade 12 and a post-secondary healthcare program in Canada) are exempt from specific secondary coursework requirements.
* Entrance requirements can be met with evidence of alternate assessments such as Challenge Exams, or acceptable standardized English equivalency tests as per the Stenberg College language proficiency chart. Evidence of post-secondary studies at an equivalent level where English was the first language is acceptable.