About the Career
Pharmacy Technicians are a critical part of the health care team. They work closely with Pharmacists and ensure that the highest standards of quality and accuracy are met in the compounding and dispensing of prescription medications. Their scope of practice includes receiving and transcribing verbal prescriptions, transferring prescriptions, and performing final checks.
As a Registered Pharmacy Technician, you’ll find opportunities for employment with:
- Hospital pharmacies
- Community pharmacies
- Compounding and other specialty pharmacies
- College of Pharmacists in your province
- Insurance companies offering drug coverage plans
- Provincial government drug coverage plans
- Colleges offering Pharmacy Technician instruction
Becoming a Registered Pharmacy Technician allows you to operate at an expanded scope of practice and increases your earning potential.